Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, February 12, 2007

Red Raw Silk Screen Printed





This 100% silk kimono of jacquard silk noil has raw silk bands. It has been dyed a glorious shade of red and screen printed in metallic shades of gold, bronze, copper. The screen printing includes text from Blackfoot, Cherokee, and Sanskrit written languages, the Chinese 5 Elements and the Chinese symbol for Love. It has been generously cut for an elegant drape to mid hip. One size fits most. Easy care - gentle machine wash / dry, and touch up with warm iron as needed. $250

2 comments:

frustrated with cultural appropriation said...

Does the text say anything, or did you simply sample spiritual texts at random, creating a mish mash of ancient languages that have no meaning?

Cynthia St Charles said...

Yes, actually all the text and symbols on this piece contain references to LOVE. I wanted to use that reference, since the jacket is red - a color often associated with love or passion. I did this a long time ago and I cannot remember all the languages I used or what the text actually says in all of them, but I could do a little research and figure it out. Thanks for your question. I hope you get my answer.