Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Slow Progress on Primitive Hearts


Joe and I have been spending our days working on the renovation of the apartment on First Avenue. By evening, we have been exhausted - flopping in front of the TV. Joe tends to use this time for his evening nap, but I have found it is my only opportunity for stitching. So, I relish this quiet restful time of day.

I started this piece - which I am currently calling "Primitive Hearts", late last winter. It is a whole cloth piece - resisted with Elmers Glue Gel and painted with Setacolor transparent paints. Then, I stamped it with hearts using metallic paints of various colors. After that, I screen printed with various screens of text continuing with the love theme. 1st Corinthians 13 is one of the text passages screened - shown clearly above.

The final, very slow phase involves adding embroidery stitches in all of the areas resisted with the glue gel. I am continuing with the primary colors in pearl cotton and am using very bold primitive stitches.

No comments: