Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday's Stamping

This was a rather unsuccessful orange and purple gelatin plate monoprint that I overstamped in shades of yellow, green, and blue. I think it is improved by the stamping, but I do feel this is just a foundation for more . . . . I'll put it on my design wall and ponder its future.I didn't have much time in the studio today on account of our monthly WAV meeting. Our small art group has been meeting monthly for over 5 years, with many of the original members still participating. The weather was miserable, so only 5 attended this time. It snowed all day Sunday and by the time I got back home after the meeting, my car said it was 1 degree above zero.

I have posted pictures from our WAV meeting on the WAV blog. There was some really wonderful work shown this time, and the talk by Linda Jackson was really terrific. Linda rooms with the same group of 4 women at the International Quilt Festival every year and they have started doing challenges. This year, they each made a small piece for each other. Linda will be adding dialog to the blog soon, so be sure to visit the WAV blog again to learn the details of the challenge.

You will enjoy seeing the many detail pictures I took of Brooke's piece, too.

No comments: