Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Silk Charmeuse in Turquoise and Gold

 This piece is overprinted multiple times with the same screen in various colors.
I started with clear and got some ugly pale purple gray spots - horrifying.
So, I added some blue and that was a great improvement.
 I
 I printed a lot of it in blue, then switched to using golden yellow.
 I ended up with some really interesting patterns and color splashes that really glow on the silk.

This is the full piece, which is about 36 x 45".

5 comments:

Virginia Crandall said...

Wow! This is an absolutely spectacular piece of fabric, Cynthia. You must be having so much fun.

Yvonne said...

Love this Cynthia. I imagine it's beautiful on the silk.

imquilternity said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Cäcilia said...

Looks really fabulous! Did you steam fix the silk?

Cynthia St Charles said...

Cacilia, Actually I do not steam set my MX dyes. I once did a side by side test with two pieces of the same fabric. Steamed one and not the otherTo me, there was not enough significant difference to warrant all the messing around involved in steaming. I dyed this silk same way I did the cotton.