This series dates back probably 4 years or more. I was doing a lot of deconstructed screen printing and was so crazy about it. It is difficult to work with the fabric to create a final piece, though. I tried and had some minor success. This is one that I put together, layered, pinned, and set aside. It is overprinted with a Thermofax screen that was created using the imagery from the deconstructed prints. It is plenty big and could be trimmed to 40 x 40. Trimming it to square would give it better balance. This is one piece from the UFO box that would actually be improved by cropping. I would remove from the white side.
Removing the white is a good idea. It is a stronger piece without so much contrast.
Oh, I'm definitely drawn to this one. Removing the white would indeed sharpen it up.
Post a Comment