Cynthia St. Charles Store

Friday, April 15, 2011

Home Dec - My Pillows


I decided to go with 18" square pillows for my Family Room. The walls in that room were painted a dark sage green, so I painted and screen printed fabric to coordinate.
The valance in that room (has not been put back up, since we are still making a lot of sawdust in our home improvement projects) is made of rust dyed fabric, so I wanted to use rust dyed fabric on the pillows.

I chose some of the red hand dyed as an accent color. The sofas are a chocolate brown leather.

I really do not love these at this point and I am not sure why. I did not block print any of the fabrics, as I usually do for pillows - and I wonder if that is the problem.
I do realize they will be much improved by quilting and also by cropping. I think they may need a piping or binding on the edge.

I tried to think about what will look nice on the brown sofa - and I do think they will pop - and I also anticipate that they will come to life when they are in the room with the valance up, etc.

For now I am setting them aside until we get more home improvement stuff done. (at least to the point of hanging the valance)

No comments: