Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, August 11, 2008

Artist Reception


What a thrill to arrive at the gallery Friday afternoon and discover this wonderful arrangement compliments of Phyllis - who participated in my retreat last fall. She and I have been in contact frequently since that time via emails. Thanks Phyllis!

I was very surprised that so many relatives came from far away for our reception. Additionally, one of my cousins invited a group of friends from high school and grade school. Some of these women, I had not seen in 4 decades. It was so much fun catching up with them!

My parents drove down from Coffee Creek - a three hour drive. This was the first time they had been to the gallery since it opened in May.

The wall art includes my art quilts, along with daughter Elizabeth's paintings and daughter Michelle's photographs.

The art on the floor is our standard - pottery, jewelry, glass, paper art - this is the stuff that pays the bills.

No comments: