Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Adding Black and White Collage Parts to Series

Here are two of the pages now that I have added some collaged papers from my stash.  I now keep everything and am also mining old piano books, letters, magazines for interesting bits.  I am attaching with gel medium.  I really like the Blick gel medium, but I have run out and am now using the Utrecht Artists' Acrylic Medium - Matt.  I bought both together to do a comparison - the Utrecht being the recommended brand.  But I am not a fan of the Utrecht.  It reeks of ammonia.  It has a great flowing texture that is very nice indeed - that is why it was recommended.  However, I can't deal with the odor, so next time I will just order a half gallon of Blick Gel Medium - affordable, and no odor.  The Blick product is a bit thicker, but I think that is a good thing for my process. 

No comments: