Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Commission

I've been commissioned to make back cushions for two upholstered chairs and a love seat.
The owner has chemical sensitivities and the furniture is coming from a company called Zola, which makes eco-friendly furnishings. Here is a link to the Sofia style furniture. This furniture is quite stylized with a very deep seat. A pillow at your back is necessary to make it comfortable.

The color in the upper picture (at least on my screen) is a bit off. The picture below is a better representation of the red/orange shade called "Rhubarb" and the taupe shade called "Mushroom".

I started off by pulling fabrics from my stash that I thought would work with the two swatches and the oriental rug that will stay in the room.

No comments: