Cynthia St. Charles Store

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Screen Printing ProCon.org Commentary

 It may seem obvious that white was the correct color to use for printing the text on this piece, but that was not the case at the time, from my perspective.  I was out of silver, and black seemed to dark, so it had to be white - it was just a process of elimination.  I hoped the different fonts and sizes of the text, etc. would result in a sort of cloud-like appearance from a distance that would take on a new meaning as the viewer would come closer.
 I contemplated cutting the fabric up and collaging it, but I thought I could make that decision later, if necessary (like - if I ruined some section of the whole cloth or something like that, hey - it happens).

 This last picture is the entire piece after the printing is complete.  I cannot express how very relieved I was to see this on my design wall at this point.  I really hoped I could proceed without ruining this big piece of fabric that I felt was very effective as it was without being cut up into a collage.....

2 comments:

Rachel Parris said...

Do you know how many different screens you used? I love it.

Cynthia St Charles said...

Rachel, I used 9 different text screens.