We had many areas inside the house where water leaks damaged ceilings and walls. Right after Thanksgiving, we moved everything out of our two living areas and brought in a worker to replace, repair and restore. Ultimately, he stripped off all the "popcorn texture" from this ceiling (600 square feet), replaced some of the damaged sheet rock and then re-textured the whole thing. That meant the ceiling had to be primed and painted, as well as the walls in this room and another room (my daughter Michelle and I did all the painting). Whew! Such a big project. We went through two full months of drywall mud dust everywhere and no place to sit.
Here is a picture of the roofers setting up last September.