Cynthia St. Charles Store

Friday, November 21, 2008

Deconstructed Screenprinting


Seeing Red - and I like what I see. This is the first print I did:Align CenterToday I did my first experimentation with "Deconstructed Screenprinting". This involves using some material as a resist on the screen while applying thickened dye (that has not been activated). I used rubberbands and black dye to create my screen. This was set aside to dry.

Then, I used thickened activated dye to screen over the dried black dye. This released some of the black dye onto the fabric, but mostly the yellow and red came through. The print below was one of the middle prints.


The print at the bottom was the last one I did in the series. By this time, the black was nearly gone and my print was pretty red/yellow. I did about 10 prints in all. I can see why people get so excited about this process. I will do more later this weekend!

1 comment:

Judy Sall said...

You're just one step ahead of me! I have Deconstructed printing on my 'to do' list for (hopefully) next week! I really love what happens with them, and I can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Judy