Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, December 1, 2008

Trout on Canvas

"TWO TROUT"
I am planning to offer two pieces of art for a local charity art auction. This organization has not featured textile art in the past and some of the committee is dubious, so I wanted to offer a couple of pieces that have been mounted on canvas. These two were actually one, previously. That may be obvious due to the close cropping. I was going to discard the top half, but I liked it too well so I just bound it and decided to try mounting it. I really like the simplicity of "Two Trout"
"THREE TROUT"
What I have not yet decided is - which two of the three pieces I should offer to the charity auction.
Two trout pictures? Or one of the fish and the other the city piece from the previous blog entry? I am reluctant to offer two that are so similar, but it is a local event and fish are popular in this neck of the woods.

Maybe I'll do eenie meenie miney mo to decide.

3 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I absolutely love your quilted fish!!

Anonymous said...

I think offering two pieces that are somewhat alike would be fine. As you said, fish are very popular in Montana.

momid5 said...

are either of the two trout or three trout still available for sale?