Cynthia St. Charles Store

Friday, March 27, 2009

Paintbrush Piecers Quilt Talk Continued


"Gelatin Print Calendar"
I used first and second printings on a gelatin printing plate to create the border and the actual calendar pages for this piece. I had some cosmos I used for the prints.

Here, I am explaining the first and second prints that result from using plant material for the resist and print making using a gelatin plate.

These are examples of discharged fabric. I used household bleach. The one above was done with a resist paste - can no longer recall what the paste was made from. The one below was pole wrapped before the bleach was applied.


The coat is constructed of a variety of shibori discharged pieces. I am pretty sure this fabric is Kona cotton in black, which pretty consistently discharges to a rusty or peachy shade.
I have not been able to find a black that discharges to white in a very long time. If anyone knows of a good source - I would LOVE to hear about it!

No comments: