Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, March 30, 2009

Rust Dyed Art - SOLD!


Ancients


This 12 x 12" piece was juried into the SAA Squared Fiber Arts Exhibition at
Avenue 50 Studio in Los Angeles, CA.

I have just learned it sold!

Rust dyed cotton, screen printed with images from Painted Desert National Park in Arizona.
The background fabric is block printed hand dyed fabric.

I used printing blocks made from plumber's rubber gasket material - a technique I outlined in my article in the current Quilting Arts Magazine!


1 comment:

margaret said...

Good piece - I like the way the foreground and background work so well together, with the slightly framing effect of the hand stitching and the integration of the quilting lines. Did you have any problems with the quilting - I recently had continual and frequent thread breakage (on several machines) while quilting rusted fabric.