Cynthia St. Charles Store

Friday, June 12, 2009

Flathead Lake Fishing Trip

Flathead Lake, Montana




My mother grew up at Ronan, Montana, near Flathead Lake. As a child, she fished this lake with her parents, who were avid fishermen. With her 80th birthday approaching, I wanted to take her back to Flathead Lake to fish for big Lake Trout. She had previously admired a trophy Lake Trout on my wall, which had been caught by my father-in-law in Canada when he was 85.
Our trip was a great success. Here is my mother with a 34" Lake Trout, the biggest we actually got in the boat (I had a larger one on the line and lost it). This length fish had to be released back into the lake.

My largest catch was this 29" Lake Trout. This size was legal to keep. We wanted some to eat, so we kept this one.

My dad is really not much of a fisherman, but he came along for the trip and stepped in to help me when I started getting tired reeling in a very large trout.


It was kind of chilly in the morning, but here we are with our fishing guide, Tim.

1 comment:

Dahn said...

Now THAT looks like fun! :-)
And I hope the trout was good to eat...

Dahn