Cynthia St. Charles Store

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Zapotec Indian Weaver


A favorite stop in Puerto Penasco is the Zapotec Indian Rug Weaver shop. I have a Spanish style stucco house with wrought iron railings, and I am gradually collecting rugs for my floors.
This time, I purchased an 8 x 10 ' rug to go under my dining room table.

Five members of our group purchased rugs from him!
They are beautiful - this tribe creates these rugs directly from their own sheep.
Shearing, carding, dyeing, spinning and weaving.
There are a few tiny bits of plant matter in the yarn - a wonderful keepsake from our trip.

1 comment:

Sue Dennis said...

Cynthia I'm really enjoying going on this trip with you, via your photos. We are coming over to the US in 2011 and I'm thinking of adding in this slice of heaven in Mexico.
cheers, Sue