Cynthia St. Charles Store

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yellowstone Art Museum Auction Opening


The Yellowstone Art Museum auction is the primary fundraiser. This is the 42nd annual auction. The final gala and live auction will take place on March 6.
Joe and I attended the opening reception. I was delighted to find my piece hanging prominently in the first room of the show!

We arrived early so I would be able to take a picture of my piece before it got too crowded.
The newspaper indicated that over 400 people attended the opening reception!

According to the newspaper, they received 600 entries and juried in 200 pieces.
These two pictures show some of the other works in the silent auction.

I am delighted and honored to have my work included in this event!

1 comment:

C S Poppenga said...

Hello Cythia -
First, congratulations on your participation in the YAM show! I hope your work brings a good price.
I was searching for articles that might give me a clue as to how the YAM reception went and I came across your blog. Your second photo of some of the other works in the show includes my grouping of four handpulled silkscreen images (playing card designs). I was not able to attend the reception and so would like to know if it is okay to borrow your photo that includes my work for my files? I would appreciate that very much!
Thank you,
Carol Poppenga, Lewistown, MT