Cynthia St. Charles Store

Friday, December 7, 2012

Printing Brush on 12" Winter Walk

 OK, so my idea for this piece is that the bushes will be printed in a light color on the dark fabric and a dark color on the light fabric.  I chose a larger image and printed directly on the collaged printed piece.
This is the first time I have screen printed directly on the sandwiched and stitched collage (for the two previous pieces - the bushes were printed on silk organza and cheesecloth  and fused in place).  I am a bit horrified at how heavy the prints look. So, I added a silk organza overlay - fused in place - and then quilted by machine (below)

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

The organza was a great idea! Just the right amount of softness to keep the branches from overpowering the piece. I love following your process, especially when you show how you overcome a challenge!