Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Winter Walk #4 Quilted and Bound

 I finished the machine quilting on this piece and it is bound with the fused and quilted binding.  I decided to save the moon and deer for another, smaller piece in which they will be more balanced.  I have to say I think this piece looks better in person than it does in the picture.  Not sure why - perhaps there is more light reflecting off the organza making it really stand out.  Quilting detail images below:




3 comments:

Lynn said...

Very nice Cynthia. I'm always impresssed with your work. A thought about your post from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Have you ever taken the boat ride throught the canyon? The painted wall is just as spectacular from the water. It's an official trip through the park service, but well worth the hike in, the $$ and the time. Lynn

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love it! Your quilting is beautiful... must have taken a lot of time! I hope you get a chance to put these on display as a series...

Cynthia St Charles said...

Thanks for the kind words about this piece! I had no idea there was a boat ride available on the Gunnison. We did not learn about it while we were there. Sounds wonderful!