Cynthia St. Charles Store

Sunday, September 15, 2013

More Artistic Experiments with Zinc

 I am still in the experimental phase of working with the zinc that I wish to feature in a  SAQA show called "Radical Elements".  This will be a fairly good sized prototype.  I have hand painted some very sheer polyester fabric.  I have put Mistyfuse on one layer.  Below, I am arranging the zinc squares on a grid - then I will iron them to the sheer fabric with fusible web.
That worked well, so I moved on to the next phase, adding a top layer of hand painted sheer polyester.  This has no Mistyfuse on it, but it will bond with the fabric below it that does have fusible web.  The top layer just covers the zinc squares.  This makes it as transparent as possible, but it should be quite strong.

No comments: