Cynthia St. Charles Store

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Late Summer in my Montana Flower garden


My yard looks pretty dry and brown, except for a couple of rudbeckia struggling in the drought.  I have been away most of the summer and have not had anyone watering things for me.....the cost of travel. 

Sorry I have neglected my blog for so long.  I truly have been away for much of the past three months.  We took a very long road trip through Canada and Alaska.  It was impossible to maintain the blog while traveling in Canada and Alaska as we were in remote areas with no Internet and no downtime.  After returning home, we immediately had a window of opportunity to do a long backpacking trip with my daughter and grandson.  This was something we had been trying to do for years, but weather and other complications kept it from happening.  Again, no Internet during that time.  Right after we got back from the backpacking trip in the Beartooths, we had a week at Flathead Lake with family.  No Internet at the beach house, so again, nothing has happened with the blog.

I do try to get things posted on Facebook regularly.  If you have not already done so, and you participate in Facebook, I encourage you to friend me.  It might be a better way to follow me than the blog.

I admit I have begun to lose motivation for the blog.  It takes a lot of time to maintain at the daily pace I have kept for the past several years.  I am going to try to get back into it, but I do sometimes feel like I just keep rehashing the same old stuff.....Blog hits have fallen off significantly the past year or so and I begin to wonder if followers have just moved on.

I have kept the blog for several years as a sort of public journal, but I find that Facebook actually does the same thing, and I have a lot more followers on Facebook. 

Anyway, I am back home for a while and am going to commit to daily blogging through the end of 2015.  Stay tuned!  I have lots to share from our summer of travel and family.
+

4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sounds like you had a great summer! I have missed your posts on art projects, but know I can refer back to previous posts if I want to review a particular process or admire your past work. I'm not posting much more than monthly these days either, and will look you up on FB where I keep in touch with lots of friends.
I actually set you up to follow your blog on e-mail, so that may be part of the reason I don't check you daily now...

Yvonne said...

Cynthia
I have also missed your posts but really pleased to hear you had a good summer.
As I'm in a different time zone from you living in the UK I used to check your blog when I took a break for lunch :)))
However I can catch up on Facebook and look forward to seeing your latest art work.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I always hate to hear this "Facebook is easier for everyone including me" thing about blogs. Yes, I know how much time keeping up a blog takes but it is a much different animal than Facebook in terms of documenting and depth. I could not begin to find what I might want to revisit on your timeline. Those posts are fleeting and forgettable. Blog posts are much more enduring and searchable.

I've missed activity here but figured you were probably summer trekking. It was so lovely to have that iris suddenly show up and know you were home again, know we'd soon be seeing more of your artwork in progress. I'm glad you will continue with the blog through the end of the year (for my sake). But if the blog is not fulfilling your own needs anymore and you choose another venue, I will understand.

As for blog hits falling off, that has always been a mystery to me. I've never been clear about feed readers and if the blog knows you've read a post if you haven't actually clicked through to the blog site but have just read it in your feed reader. It is how I keep up with all my blog reading now as I think a lot of people do. So I don't know what that does to the stats now that people don't have to physically go to a blog to see if there's a new post.

Julie said...

I'm glad you've had such an exciting and fulfilling time in real life, much more satisfying than cyber living :-) I am very neglectful of my own blog too, Facebook has a lot to answer for. I'll track you down over there but I'll look forward to reading about your trips here.