Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Broken Arm

This is where it happened.
I was hiking down the trail with my backpack on my back - keeping a good pace, when I got distracted by the scenery or a mosquito or something. I stumbled on a big rock in the trail and before I could catch myself, I fell face forward, bumping my head on another big rock and injuring my wrist.

Despite the pain, my wrist never did get swollen and I could move all my fingers, etc. - so I delayed going to the Dr. for 4 days. Finally, I began to realize it might be fractured, so I went in for X-Rays. Yup. A non-displaced fracture on the lower end of my right radius.

I'll be wearing this brace for the next several weeks. Bummer.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Huge bummer! I broke my left wrist when I was a kid. Not I can tell the weather. Maybe you will be able to do that to!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

That is a shame. I hope you will still find a way to work on your art while you recover.

Unknown said...

What an unkind blow! You'll find a way to keep being creative - the brace would look pretty in a deep shade of indigo!

Hugz

Sally

Cate Rose said...

So sorry, Cynthia...glad it wasn't worse than it was! Get better soon.

Marybeth said...

Cynthia....what color will that brace be at the end of the wearing period. Indigo? Tie dyed? Hmmm...it may become it's own piece of art!!! Sorry for your unluck!! Marybeth

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry!

Rachel said...

I have been enjoying all your beautiful pictures of your hiking and am so sorry to hear about your arm. However, it doesn't seem to stop you! Heal fast.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Sorry Cynthia! I've got the idea that this won't slow you down much, lol. Heal quickly, but don't rush it.