Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Work -Splatter Painted Fabric


I am working on a quilt specifically for daughter Michelle. It will be a housewarming gift for her as she settles into her new cabin in Homer, Alaska.

She asked for some smaller quilts to hang on her walls. I would never have presumed that she might want my work on her walls, but since she has asked, I am making something just for her.

The background fabric is a piece I splatter painted several years ago - using out chokecherry trees as color inspiration. I've been waiting for the perfect project for this wonderful fabric. Michelle is fond of yellow and other bright colors. She has told me she likes my series with trees and screen printed birds, so that is my inspiration.

The tree trunk and branches is pole wrapped shibori I dyed - probably 6 years ago or so. I am delighted to find it the perfect fabric for this piece.

Stay tuned! Quilting is next!

No comments: