Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Breakdown Screen Prints in Shades of Brown

 As I worked with this process, I discovered I liked my screens better when I did not wash them.  When the screen was nearly done, I just added more dye to the back of it and let it dry.  This created much more improvisational prints that spoke to me on a deeper level.
 When screenprinting in this style, there is often excess dye that is left over.  I had a bowl I was saving the leftover dye in and that mixture of leftover colors is what I used to print this group.  That's why it is so brown.
 I really like this piece.  Some more details are below:


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Nice! I love the idea of building on old leftover dye, and also of combining your leftover dyes... makes for some real interesting prints!