Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Deconsructed Screenprints - Drip Lines

 I'm not sure this needs explanation, but the whole piece is shown above and detail images below.
I printed with clear alginate, then added turquoise alginate, then added yellow for the two prints in the center.






3 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

Very, very nice! I confess, I tried one awhile back... first time in a long time, and it did not come out well. I applied the dye to the screen, then it sat for maybe a month before I got time to print with it... not a good idea. I got very little dye off with the screenings, and ended up cleaning off the rest. I hope to try again later this month, but will try and screen the same day I apply the dyes!

Cynthia St Charles said...

Judy, I have had the same problem. My solution has been to just cover the entire screen with clear alginate and let it sit there until it softens the dried screen. This may take some patience, but it will get things going eventually. This can be necessary even when the screen was made the same day.
I do not wash out my screens anymore. I find I really like the look of whatever stray dye or resist remains from the previous run. I just keep building on the colors and textures and I think I am getting more interesting results. Stay tuned!

tiedyejudy said...

Aha! I will keep that in mind for my next try!