Cynthia St. Charles Store

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Purple Collage

This is actually a piece I worked on last spring.  I didn't get it posted on the blog because there were other things I wanted to share at the time.  I am sharing it now because this piece will be making a debut at the Pacific Northwest Quilt Show in Tacoma shortly.

This fabric collage is constructed of all my purple scraps from the scrap drawer.  I really did not have a plan for it when I did the collage.  In this picture, you can see all the square and rectangle pieces lightly held in place with the fusible batting I was using.  They have to be stitched to keep the edges from flopping around.  That's the next step.

 I had to think about this piece for a while - maybe a week or so - before the lightbulb came on and I figured out what to do after the collage was finished!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Linda B. said...

Can't wait - are these pieces bonded at the moment?