Cynthia St. Charles Store

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Printing the Binding

Here is a detail showing the binding that has been fused in place (above).
  Below is a detail showing the binding after it has been screen printed with text using Pearly White Screen printing ink.
 The next step is to block print on top of the screen printing.  Above, I have applied paint only to the edge of the printing block.  I am only printing the binding, which is about 1/2" wide.   Below, a well used (paint stained) printing block is face down on the binding - printing the edge.  My print table is covered in plastic - which is pretty much covered in paint (dry paint doesn't stain anything!)



 Here are three of images of the binding after it has been screen printed and block printed.

I have never been disappointed with this binding method!  It may seem like a lot of fussing, but - I don't have to do any hand stitching!

No comments: