I have an old art quilt that I never finished - it was black and white block printing over primary colored whole cloth background that was not really very successful. I did quilt the whole thing, but never did trim or bind it and I came across it recently. I decided to slice it up into wedges and see if I could work it into a new piece. I printed up some new fabrics with primary colored text, and these were also cut into long wedge shaped strips. Here are some pictures from my design process done on the ironing table.
This is as far as I have gotten with this one....it isn't really coming together quite as well as I had hoped, and this, too has been set aside for another time. . . . .