Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lowertown Arts District Quilt Walk - Negative Collaborations #2



I am shipping things today. This is an image of the quilt I will be sending to the Lowertown Arts Distric Quilt Walk in Paducah, KY. It will be on exhibit from April 11 - 28th.

This piece is called Negative Collaboration #2 because it is a collaboration with my youngest daughter, Michelle Shumaker. She is a photo major and had created a series of screen prints using a collage of film negatives. She wasn't happy with the results, so I asked if I could use them. She reluctantly agreed but insisted I acknowledge her contribution - which is significant.

I used her screen to print on silk organza and black cotton, then layered and hand stitched with pearl cotton.


No comments: