Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Growth Thru Art - Fabric Journals


I have had a hard time focusing on a big or serious project, so I have been finishing up odds and ends around the studio. Trying to find things I can do with a broken arm! I decided to use a couple of the fabrics painted by the Growth Thru Art folks for journal covers. I layered the fabrics over Timtex and did some stitching and couching. Then, I cut them to size for covers for these spiral bound sketch books.

After stitching around the edges, I applied glue and pressed them under weights to dry. I think these should be popular items for the Growth Thru Art fundraiser.

8 comments:

Dahn said...

What a great idea for a fundraiser event. I'm sure they will be a big hit. What about bookmarks as well? :-)
Dahn

Dahn said...

PS-- I just received the Christmas Quilting Arts today and LOVED your article. I made a fish already. :-)
Dahn

Faith said...

These look lovely, how did you break your arm?

Beena said...

Such great color!

Unknown said...

Very appropriate, yes. :D

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

Great idea to showcase those luscious fabrics the Growth Thru Art folks made. I'm sure they'll be snapped up at the fundraiser. What kind of glue did you use to attach the timtex to the covers?

Robbie said...

How very clever! And all with the broken arm yet! I think they would make a great Christmas gift as well! Thanks so much for sharing..they are beautiful!

Cynthia St Charles said...

Louise, I used "The Ultimate" - by api. It is non-toxic water based glue that adheres to metals, glass, plastics, etc. I have been using it for everything after trials with various other glues failed. It is very thick, but seems to be the best non-toxic glue around. I also use it to attach my paper journal covers.