Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Volusia Wrapped in Fabric Show


This piece, "Les Veloures IV" is making it's debut appearance as part of the Volusia Wrapped in Fiber Show at the Gateway Center for the Arts in DeBary, Florida. This piece is very LONG - measuring 87 inches by 25 inches.

The inspiration for this piece came from the late works of Henri Matisse. I liked his bold collages cut from painted paper, and I cut a series of printing blocks with similar loopy shapes.
I actually did a whole series of pieces in this style - which I really love.

When it is done traveling to shows, it will hang on a very long wall in my foyer (unless it sells, of course!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been a fan for years and love this piece. It is so colorful, yet still organic feeling. I love the organic feel of so much of your work. I really enjoy seeing your experimentations.

We have visited Jackson Hole and Cooke City (our favorite) 7 or 8 times and love your photos of the Bear Tooth area. Makes us yearn to come back and I think we will next year, as we will hopefully both be retired. Perhaps we could meet - if there is a gallery show or something on at the time. Anyway - love love love what this piece, in particular.