Cynthia St. Charles Store

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Angel Postcard Process

My Christmas Postcard this year features a screen printed angel.
I made this Thermofax screen from a pencil sketch I made last year.
I printed her on white fabric with black ink.


Then, I used watercolor crayons to color the angels. I have two boxes of watercolor crayons. I like the Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Watersoluble Wax Pastels (which are slightly more intense and also a bit more expensive) than the Staedtler Karat Aquarell Watercolor Crayons. I use both, though because they have different colors in the boxes I have.

I decided I would mount the angels on a commercial print for the background.

I applied fusible web to the back of the angel printed fabric, then I painted with water to make the color more vivid.

After the angels are dry, I will cut them along the black lines so I can fuse them to the background fabric.

2 comments:

Linda Hazelden said...

What lucky people to receive your Christmas postcards. The angels are great and I like the idea of your use of water color crayons.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Linda

Jeannie said...

Your angels are beautiful! I love when water touches the pencil and the change that occurs. Wishing you the Merriest of Christmas and much joy, laughter, and creativity in the new year. Cheers!