I decided to begin with this piece. The pattern of the printing reminds me of the shards of rotten plywood we have been removing from the balcony decking at one of our commercial buildings, so I am going to be using "demolition" in the title for this series (I have some other prints in shades of red that I want to work with, also).
I decided to isolate one of the more interesting areas of the print and convert the pattern to a Thermofax screen for printing. Below is the cleaned up black and white print I used to make a Thermofax screen.
I enlarged the imagery somewhat to create visual interest and then I printed this green hand dyed fabric to compliment the deconstructed screen print. I feel like this is a good start. I will continue auditioning my ideas and working through it.