Cynthia St. Charles Store

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Village Continued


A few weeks ago, I posted images of this piece after I had block printed it. At that time, I was not sure I would like the results.
Yesterday, I washed out the glue gel and this is how it looks now!

I was initially hesitant to add the printing to a piece I already liked a lot, but I am pleased with the results now that the glue gel resist is gone. It seems even more playful! This piece is rather large - about 60" - almost square. I look forward to the quilting, even though it will be a lot of bulk under the machine.

3 comments:

lyle said...

wonderful! the best village yet thanks lyle

Candied Fabrics said...

Ooh! This is awesome! And the quilting can be quite simple, as there already so much going on! Bonus!

Dahn said...

I think this is one of my favorite of all of your pieces. It reminds me a lot of the Russian influence in the Eskimo villages of Alaska...
Dahn