Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, May 4, 2009

Labels


This past week, I have attached labels to 27 quilts! These are pieces of various sizes that have been finished since January 2009. I don't enjoy attaching labels - in part because it involves committing to a name for a piece.

I print my labels on the computer, using fusible computer printer fabric. Then, I hand stitch around the edges with a herringbone stitch.

The labels are really important to help me keep track of my work - when it was made, etc. Now all my finished work is ready for shows or galleries as things come up.

1 comment:

imquilternity said...

Oooh...you're so organized. Some of those backing fabrics are really gorgeous. I'm not sure I would have been able to put them on the back of a quilt rather than the front. I'm a sucker for "pretty."