Cynthia St. Charles Store

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More Vintage Lace

OK - this will be the last of the lace images - I have lots more scraps of lace I could photograph, but I think it is time to put the lace away now.

I do have several ideas for using it in future art projects.

I will store all this lace in a single plastic tray in the studio. No more cardboard for this lace! It can all be gently folded or flat.

I keep thinking I have found my favorite until I see another piece!
I've never been crazed for lace or frills, but this stuff does intrigue me.
I wonder about the person who carefully collected and stored it. . . . what did she have in mind for it? Thinking about the previous owner of this lace is probably what interests me most.
I feel responsible to do her some credit by doing something special with it!
Stay tuned!

No comments: