Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Screen Printed Baltimore Album


I've added flowers to each of the blocks, now.

Now, I'll spend a little time rearranging the blocks on my design wall until I am satisfied.

Next, I will trim so they are all perfectly square and will sew them together.
At that point, I will work on the border - which will also be screen printed. I'm not yet sure how I will do that. Perhaps, I will print it before attaching, but more likely I will sew the border on - with mitered corners - then will print it in place in order to get everything symmetrical and balanced. There is no room for error with that method, though.

The other issue is what fabric to use for the border. I don't have any more of the fabric I used for the blocks, so I'll have to use something else! Hmmm. . .

1 comment:

Linda Robertus said...

These blocks look great. A wonderful idea!