OK, so (above) I have returned the gray handpainted gradation strip to the red. I thought I could do better, so I kept messing around.
Below, you can see where I have auditioned some block printed pieces of black raw silk. These block prints are all leftover from the Red Mandala group I did previously and there is already Mistyfuse on the back. I added a lot of parts and pieces before I remembered to take a picture.
I started with the five squares on the left and added the one on the right, then added the strips above and below the square on the right. Finally, I added the skinny strips to the five squares on the left. Meanwhile, I folded the edges back to about the size I want after it is trimmed. I felt like I had to do that to make sure I am getting the proportions right. This piece is all about balance. I am hoping to be able to enter this piece in a SAQA exhibition called "Text Messages" - which has a size limitation of 24" wide.
Today's recipe on the Adaptive Cooking Blog is for Minestrone Soup!