I felt this piece should have a sewn binding because the Damask tablecloth fabric frays really badly and this is a whole cloth piece. I wanted to use the same red dyed tablecloth for the binding, but I tried something different. I put Mistyfuse on the back of the binding fabric. Then, I sewed it in place on the front of the quilt. When I folded it to the back, I fused it into position instead of hand stitching. This makes for a flatter binding and it was quick to do. I don't think it would pass muster with a judge at a quilt show, but that is not my plan for this piece, so I am not concerned. It was kind of experimental, but I am satisfied with it. I stitched in the ditch from the front to anchor the fused binding into place through all layers. It won't be going anywhere.