Cynthia St. Charles Store

Thursday, May 13, 2010

5" Squares Quilt Design



Since I recently got started on scrap quilts done in a traditional style - for the bed. I thought I would also try using up a big pile of 5" squares I have had for about 10 years. This collection was started back when I hosted a charm square swap for my local quilt guild. Over a period of about a year, I accumulated quite a collection, but then I added to it by cutting 5" squares from my leftovers from any quilts I happened to make. I collected 5" squares for several years. I've made a number of interesting scrap quilts from those squares over the years. . . .

This is the last of them, though. I used up the remaining Kona solids I had, also. They were cut in 1 1/2" strips - sewn on two sides. You can see the individual blocks above.


I messed around with them on my design wall for a while - trying different settings.

I was thinking I could sew them in a 4 Patch and add sashing. I think I would end up with a larger than anticipated size if I did that, though. I am leaning toward the first setting I showed you - sort of a simple windowpane.

It goes together quick and is mindless. I'll show it to you again when I finish it.

No comments: