Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pine Dyeing Project Results


I was anxious to unwrap the cotton bundle with the pine bark enclosed. This piece had been boiled for a while, then it sat in the dye liquor for a few weeks.


I shook out the bark and hung these pieces up to dry. The closest piece is cheesecloth that was wrapped up inside the cotton broadcloth (to the left).


Here is the entire group of fabrics dyed with pine tree parts. They have not been washed yet. The one closest (on the left) was dyed with pine needles. The other three were dyed with pine bark. I'll let them hang a day or two before washout. I wonder if all the color will disappear.



1 comment:

Deanna said...

The fabrics are nice colors and I like where the strings left their mark. It's too bad there isn't more texture from the pine needles though. The process is really interesting and I'd love to try it some day.