Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ponderosa Bark Impressions



Here are some images of fabric I have hanging on my clothesline today.

It is raw silk that was soaked in distilled vinegar, then bundled with small chunks of bark from the Ponderosa Pine trees that surround my Montana home.

I want it to "cure" before I toss it in the wash. I have virtually no idea how much of this color and texture will remain with a washout - so I have taken many pictures.

This piece of fabric smells really strong of vinegar, so a washout is a necessity.

This piece was not boiled in the dye liquid - that was another piece - which I will show as soon as I can (you saw it in yesterday's post - in the pot). I think that one will be significantly darker.

This is one of my favorite sections of the yard long piece. I really love the way the ties created a resist.

No comments: