Cynthia St. Charles Store

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Placemats from Fabric Scraps


A few weeks ago, I posted this image of some hand dyed, painted and printed scraps I sewed together randomly. I said I was thinking about making them into placemats for Christmas gifts, by cutting strips of these sets and mixing in some strips of hand dyed red.

Well, that is exactly what I did, and here are some of them on the design wall prior to quilting and binding.


I had enough to make a dozen placemats. Nice! Will be gifts for each of my daughters, along with hand dyed red napkins.

I really love the way they look on the design wall. Such nice movement! Seems almost a shame to relegate them to a utilitarian purpose, but too late now! Art for everyday! I think they will be appreciated.

No comments: