Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sketchbook Project


Have you heard about the Sketchbook Project?
Link to their web page here.

It's like a concert tour, but with sketchbooks.
Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country.After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.

Above - the cover for one of my sketchbooks.
Below - a couple of pages from that sketchbook.

This book is going off in the mail ASAP. Thought I would share a few pages before it disappears.

I call this junk mail collage. I browse the junk mail that we get and clip interesting images.
The blank pages were painted with watercolor paints.
Images glued in place. Then I add a quote that I like and a little doodling.

No comments: