Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, April 18, 2011

Mail Art Project - Week Twenty Nine


This week's Mail Art.

I have a few images of my process for this group.
The fabric is gelatin plate printed with leaves.
This fabric was actually printed several times to create the depth and texture you see below:
In case you don't recognize the leaves - here is a detail image.


The fabric already has fusible web on the back of it, so all I need to do is cut out the bunny shape and fuse it in place on a strip of black background.
I free motion quilted some leaves with green thread on it, and then I cut out the postcards sized 4 x 6"




4 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

These are very cool; love the colors and especially the textures on the bunnies!

Jeannie said...

These are wonderful, Cynthia! Thank you for showing a close up of the fabric. Have a wonderful week.

Angela said...

I've not seen that method of printing before. It looks really interesting, the fabric is wonderful!

Sandra said...

Love the bunnies. Great job.
Sandra from Alliances contest