Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, September 19, 2011

Mail Art Project - Week Fifty One


"Satin Stitch"
I inherited my mother-in-law's satin fabric collection. She died before I met my husband, Joe.
Her hobby was making satin pillowcases, and she had a vast collection of entire bolts of synthetic satin. I've used this fabric to make a few quilts. I used scraps from those quilts to make this group of postcards. Strips of satin machine stitched together, then hand embroidered.

Today's Quote:

"Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
-Mark Twain-

Extra postcards are going out this week to Del in Placentia, California
and Eileen in Oak Ridge, North Carolina

I am still seeking names and mailing addresses for my Mail Art Project.
Just send me an email with your mailing information and I will add you to the weekly drawing!
Please put Mail Art in the subject line.



No comments: