Cynthia St. Charles Store

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mail Art Project - Week Sixty One

"Pencil Posie"
To make this postcard, I drew on muslin with a colored pencil. Then, when I got the fabric wet, the colors became more vivid and less clear. I was disappointed in this piece when I made it and it got thrown into a drawer for a couple of years. When I started the postcard series, I started digging through my drawers looking for failed art quilts that might be interesting cut down to make postcards. This one, I think is quite successful.


Here is the entire group.

Today's quote:
"Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into."
-Henry Ward Beecher-

Extra postcards are going out this week to:
Lynn in Woodstock, Illinois
Lillian in Delta, BC, Canada
Del in Placentia, California
and Frances in Grafton, Vermont

If you would like to receive one of my Mail Art postcards, please send your full name and mailing address to me at cstcharles@q.com. Please put "Mail Art" in the subject line. I will add your name to the drawing.

No comments: