Cynthia St. Charles Store

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Preparing for Block Printing

Yesterday, I showed a fused background I was working on. This is my first time with this technique and I was less than thrilled with the initial results. I find I always like things better after I have put my personal stamp on it, and even though all those fabrics were hand dyed, hand painted, rust dyed and discharged by my own hand - I find I am really attached to the block printing process.

So, here goes. I sorted through my box of printing blocks and pulled out those I felt would lend themselves well to this piece. Next, I will sort through my paints - and will most likely stick with the Jacquard Lumiere metallic paints for this one. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Virginia Crandall said...

Can't wait to see your next step!! I, too, love block printing--which was inspired by you over a year ago. I have made many of my own using the rubber gasket material which you recommended. Thanks!!