Cynthia St. Charles Store

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quilting Finished for Hot Flash


The quilting is done.
I am not sure how well you can see the silk chiffon overlay in the images here, but I really like what they do to the entire piece. The silk is so sheer that the paint does not really show up as well - it becomes a ghost of a print.

The background fabrics are of varied fiber content. Of course all my fabrics are hand dyed or hand painted. However, some of these are acrylic satin, and raw silk - which give the piece a nice glow. I do not use commercially printed fabrics except for my backs.

1 comment:

Virginia Crandall said...

Beautiful! I'm sure a photo doesn't do it justice--the subtleness of the different fabrics and the sheen of the printed patterns. Can't wait to see the whole thing.